Our approach to successfully mining facts for the truth is founded upon three steps:
There is always a trail to be uncovered and to be pursued. It may be straight-forward, or sometimes, convoluted and intricate.
Knowing when to keep pursuing a trail, or when to stop and start a different direction, is something that requires the instincts and the relentlessness of a seasoned veteran. There seems to always be a certain “logic” employed by a person who lacks integrity. This understanding directs our efforts upon specific lines of research. This we do very, very well.
Once the end of the trail has been reached, it is imperative that the results are compiled and reported in a manner that is clear, concise and easily understood. This is an art born of immense experience and specific expertise.
Probate matters are not limited to the administration of the estate of a deceased person. They also include trusts, conservatorships and power of attorneys, which generally involve family members and money. Our expertise is in assembling and analyzing accounting records and financial institution documents to determine what has occurred. Examples include:
- Examining diverse documents numbering from a handful to well over 10,000
- Reconstructing accounting records for one to multiple entities
- Analyzing financial documents filed with various courts
- Performing research and analysis of multiple bank accounts
- Testifying as an expert at hearings
Having the experience to know how to identify what is important and then analyze the data is essential.Examples include examining documents for:
- Businesses of all sizes and types
- Homeowners’ Associations
- Fraud by Board members of quasi-government entities
- Divorce proceedings
- Fraud within non-profit organizations
- Employee embezzlement
Our services include contested probate matters, marital and partnership dissolutions and calculations of damages. Examples Include:
- Calculate damages in Probate matters
- Determine income for Family Law matters
- Review and analyze opposing party reports
- Define damages in Civil Litigation
- Assess operations of spouse’s/partner’s business
- Testify as an expert